Ever had specific questions about plant-based nutrition?
Should I be worried about vitamin B12?
Is it okay for me to eat coconut?
How about nuts? What about seeds?
Is the raw food diet better than a combination of cooked and raw vegan food?
These are just some of the burning questions I’ve had on my quest to find my best health. What are yours?
Well, lucky for us, there’s now a brand new Complete Idiot’s Guide that should answer each and every question about a plant-based diet that we could ever have. And the wonderful people at Alpha Books (a member of the Penguin Group) are providing HGK with two copies to giveaway. How nice is that?
The author, Julieanna Hever, M.S., R.D., C.P.T. is a Plant-Based Dietitian and an ACE-Certified Personal Trainer. She owns To Your Health Fitness and Nutrition in Southern California. Julieanna’s website can be found here.
Here’s how Julieanna describes herself:
“I am a passionate advocate of the miracles associated with following a whole food, plant-based diet. I am the nutrition columnist for VegNews Magazine, author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition, and co-author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Gluten-Free Vegan Cooking. I maintain a private practice Los Angeles and lectures throughout the U.S. As co-producer and star of the “infotainment” documentary To Your Health, I interviewed a host of the plant-based world’s most respected doctors and researchers to bring this important information to a broad audience. As Executive Director of EarthSave, International, I have had the opportunity to bring nutrition to the forefront of efforts to improve the current global health crisis.”
Isn’t she cool?
Yeah, I think so too!
Here’s some of the stuff you will find in the book:
• Where to get nutrients that others get from meat and dairy.
• How to avoid the vegan pitfall of overfed but undernourished.
• How to spot hidden animal ingredients in packaged foods.
• Tips for eating at restaurants.
• Special considerations for children and seniors.
The book is designed for people who know little about plant based nutrition, and for those who are fully knowledgeable. The book may be read cover to cover or the reader can pick out items from the Table of Contents which may be of particular interest to them.
Wanna win a copy of this very exciting new book? Here’s what you’ve gotta do for a chance to win:
(1) Subscribe to Healthy Girl’s Kitchen by e-mail or RSS, if you haven’t already. You can do that in the upper left of this home page, and be sure to follow the confirmation e-mail instructions that will land in your inbox. Thank you to all of you who already are!
(2) Become a fan of Healthy Girl’s Kitchen and The Complete Idiots Guide to Plant-based Nutrition on Facebook, if you aren’t already, that is. And thank you to all of you who already are!
(3) Answer this question in the comments section below:
What is your most pressing plant-based nutrition question or concern?
Ms. Hever is so kind and has volunteered to answer the three most popular questions in a guest blog post right here on HGK. Look our for that in the very near future. Make sure if you are commenting as “anonymous” that you include your name in your comment, that way if you win, I know who you are! Contest closes Thursday, September 22, 2011 at 11:59 pm. Two winners will be selected at random and announced on Friday, September 23, 2011.