Did anyone catch this article in the Wall Street Journal entitled, “Is Your Personality Making You Put on Pounds?” by Melinda Beck?
I’ll summarize it for you. If you suffer from any of the following personality traits, you are very likely to be overweight:
- you are not an “easy” person, a generally disagreeable type
- you are a night owl and/or sleep deprived
- you are a stress junkie (you thrive on competition and deadline pressure)
- you are a mindless multitasker, enjoying eating while doing other tasks at the same time
- you are a giver and put other people’s needs ahead of your own
- you are a perfectionist