2 cups tightly packed fresh basil
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
Sea salt (or not) to taste
- On pasta, of course, the whole wheat or brown rice variety.
- As a sandwich spread. Use grilled veggies like eggplant, zucchini and red pepper as the “meat” of the sandwich.
- Stir it in with some white beans and finely chopped veggies for a tuna salad alternative.
- Dollop it on top of a naked baked potato and steamed veggies.
- Make a pesto pizza–use a prepared whole wheat crust and your favorite veggies. No cheese required!
- Brush it on top of corn on the cob.
- Spoon it on top of steamed broccoli, steamed cauliflower or steamed green beans.
- Make a cold pasta salad, veggie loaded of course!
- Make a pesto potato salad.
- Make a pesto hummus.
- Make a pesto salad dressing by stirring it with a little vinegar.
- Make pesto mashed potatoes.
Amy has graciously agreed to give away one copy of her new book. Just leave a comment with the answer to the following question: