Just call this dial–in number: (712) 432-1212 at 9 pm EST/6 pm PST
the Meeting ID is 263-629-008
After you call in, you must hit the “mute” button on your telephone or the call will be very difficult for everyone else to hear (lots of static). You will be listening to a discussion between me and AJ that is based on your questions, so . . .
Please leave your questions for Chef AJ as comments to this blog posting. We will be using your questions as the foundation of the teleclass!
But since I know that some of you can’t wait until Wednesday night, I’m answering a few of your questions (as best as I can–I’m a beginner) right here today.
I am going to try to mimic your eating plan beginning Monday. I have lost 40 pounds since Jan 1st, but have slowed to only 3 pounds for the entire month of May. I have been eating a bit more fats such as hummus and avocados, plus going out to eat, which I am sure has oil. I have been following Chef AJ for a while and truly admire her. I think your plan is reasonable and healthy.
To my questions:
1. Are the snacks all optional, or are you eating the snacks because you need them to keep satiated.
2. You mention healthy desserts. Could you give me examples of what you mean by that?
Thank you and Veg On!”
- no more oil
- no more salt
- no more sugar, except from fruit
- no more processed carbohydrate of any kind, including whole wheat flour (oat flour that you grind yourself seems to be the rare exception)
- nuts, avocado and tofu only in very small amounts and only extremely occasionally (they are not unhealthy, just very high in calories and this is a plan based simply on calorie density and recovering from food addiction; the less you eat of them, the faster you lose weight)
- no more making “accommodations” about your food in restaurants and other people’s homes
- and of course, no meat or dairy!
Dinner: And dinner that meets the above criteria. Including a whole grain like brown rice or quinoa or a potato is very important to sticking to the plan. There are certainly no lack of amazing recipes out there, but since I am feeding 3 kids right now, I am choosing to keep dinnertime very plain and simple these days. You can see lots of dinner ideas in my last blog posting or in Chef AJ’s video.
Dessert: Things like Banana Soft serve, fresh fruit, or AJ’s Almost Instant Pumpkin Pudding. I tend to need only a very small portion of any dessert to keep me totally satisfied and happy. We’re all going to have to wait until AJ publishes another cookbook for the full compliment of Chef AJ’s Ultimate Weight Loss approved dessert recipes!