Hi Guys! A great question came into my e-mail yesterday about my dietary experiment of eating high protein and high fat plant based foods while on Bright Line Eating. I just felt like I needed to share my thoughts and experiences with all of you on this subject. Here’s the question:
Congrats on the beautiful new blog. I have a question for you. Thanks to your posts, I am on day 15 of BLE. I was just wondering what you usually eat for your protein? I find myself staying away from tofu and hummus because of the fat content (I still hear Dr. Mcdougall/AJ in my head). That pretty much leaves me at beans for every meal. My friend suggested that I check out products at a website similar to https://xwerks.com/products/xwerks-grow if I was getting bored of beans but we will have to wait and see if it’s for me. Have you been eating the fat portion and the higher fat proteins and still losing weight?
- It’s the plan that promotes eating some healthy fat with each meal. I find that my memory isn’t compromised when I am eating fat the way that it was when I was on a no added fat plant-based diet. I also tend to defer to the recent studies that were done on the long-term health benefits of including soy (tofu, tempeh, etc.), avocado, nuts and seeds in your diet, which Dr. Greger talks about extensively on the Nutrition Facts website.
- It’s the plan that I find to be the most supportive of long-term peace with food than I have ever discovered.
- It’s the plan that allows for the kind of life experiences that I personally value, which includes eating in restaurants at least once a week without guilt.
- It’s the plan that I trust, based on the results that I see and the scientific study that is being conducted as to the unusual efficacy of the program within the sustainable weight loss world.
- It’s the community that I feel is most supportive of me developing a healthy and loving relationship with food and more importantly, with myself, at this point in my life.