Hi Guys! A great question came into my e-mail yesterday about my dietary experiment of eating high protein and high fat plant based foods while on Bright Line Eating. I just felt like I needed to share my thoughts and experiences with all of you on this subject. Here’s the question:
Congrats on the beautiful new blog. I have a question for you. Thanks to your posts, I am on day 15 of BLE. I was just wondering what you usually eat for your protein? I find myself staying away from tofu and hummus because of the fat content (I still hear Dr. Mcdougall/AJ in my head). That pretty much leaves me at beans for every meal. Have you been eating the fat portion and the higher fat proteins and still losing weight?
- It’s the plan that promotes eating some healthy fat with each meal. I find that my memory isn’t compromised when I am eating fat the way that it was when I was on a no added fat plant-based diet. I also tend to defer to the recent studies that were done on the long-term health benefits of including soy (tofu, tempeh, etc.), avocado, nuts and seeds in your diet, which Dr. Greger talks about extensively on the Nutrition Facts website.
- It’s the plan that I find to be the most supportive of long-term peace with food than I have ever discovered.
- It’s the plan that allows for the kind of life experiences that I personally value, which includes eating in restaurants at least once a week without guilt.
- It’s the plan that I trust, based on the results that I see and the scientific study that is being conducted as to the unusual efficacy of the program within the sustainable weight loss world.
- It’s the community that I feel is most supportive of me developing a healthy and loving relationship with food and more importantly, with myself, at this point in my life.